Telecommunication giant, MTN is out with another cheap data plan. With this plan, you can get a very cheap and affordable data offers of 75MB for just N20 and you can get 1.5GB for just N400. When I post such pieces of information, members start asking if it is a cheat. This offer is not a cheat but an official data plan offered by MTN to her teeming customers. Let me also answer the next possible question. What device(s) does this data plan work on? It can work with any internet enabled device with mobile connectivity (that is any device that uses SIM card to enable internet access). To this end, the data plan works with android devices, personal computer, iOS devices, mifi, routers, decoders etc. This offer was launched in quick succession after the launch of MTN pulse data offers which give 1.5GB for just N500 and 750MB for just N300. These, unlike the new offer, work for all SIMs on MTN Pulse with a validity of 7 days (one week). It is not a Night Data Plan offer which is usable only between 12am and 5am. This new data plan works all days as long as it is not exhausted or not over seven days (after which it will expire).
It is, however, sad to note that this offer is SIM selective. One need to be eligible before one can subscribe for this data offer. So, note that it is not all MTN subscribers that are qualified for this offer. What makes one eligible for the offer is still under investigation by SchoolUpdate. Once we find that out, we will make it public. However, we discovered that those who are eligible for the existing 1GB for N200 Welcome Back Data offer stand a greater opportunity of being eligible for this latest MTN data offer.
How to know if you are Eligible
Remember this offer is SIM selective. So it is necessary to first of all find out if you are eligible for it or not. You can do this by:
- Make sure you do not have up to N20 call credit or airtime on your line.
- Then dial *131*10#. After dialing this code, you will receive a response as in the image below:
- You can reply with 1 or 2 at this moment since we just want to determine the eligibility status. Your eligibility or ineligibility depends on the response that will follow.
- If you get the response, “Y’ello! You are not eligible for this offer. Please dial *131*1# to buy other data bundles. Thank you,” it means your SIM is not eligible for this offer and you cannot subscribe for the data offer. If, on the other hand, you receive the response, “Y’ello! Activation of 75MB weekly Data Plan failed due to insufficient balance. Dial *904# to recharge from your bank OR *606# to borrow,” it means your SIM is eligible.
How to Subscribe for this Offer
To subscribe for this new data offer, follow the steps below:
- Recharge your line with whatever amount of call credit as you wish or ensure to have a minimum credit balance of about N20.
- Then dial *131*10#. After dialing this code, you will receive a response as in the image above. You can reply with 1 or 2 as well. But note, selecting 1 means that you permit MTN to auto renew your subscription once it expires and 2 to 131 as an SMS. You will receive a response from MTN with information on your data balance. Here comes the most interesting part.
How to use this Offer to get 1.5GB for N400
You can actually use this offer to get 1.5GB for just N400. However, this is not officially offered by MTN. It is a tip from SchoolUpdate to empower her teeming readers and subscribers. Note also that this only increases the data bundle but does not increase the validity. Therefore, the 1.5GB expires in seven days just as the original 75MB. So use it with wisdom. To get 1.5GB for N400, do the following:
- Load N400 Airtime or ensure you have up to that amount on your credit balance.
- Dial 13110# to subscribe for the 75MB Data Plan at N20.
- Keep subscribing for more 75MB till you exhaust your N400. This means 20 repeated subscriptions.
- By now, you should have 1.5GB data balance for just N400.
- Dial 1314# to check data balance or send 2 to 131 as an SMS and you will get a response.
We have many options to choose from now as our service providers keep coming out with more attractive offers. This is just one of them. There are also good and affordable options for airtel, 9moblie/etisalat and glo users. Feel free to ask us for any information as we are here to serve you.