WAAW is a Foundation which offers scholarship on yearly basis to students. We do this to fulfill our desire to support and empower female students of African extraction who wish to go for STEM-focused college education but lack the financial requirements. We are specific concerning who wins our scholarship and who does not. Therefore, it is necessary that every prospective applicant takes time to go through the eligibility criteria before proceeding with his/her application. Note also that we do receive a large volume of applications each time the scholarship is announced. So every application that does not qualify for consideration is automatically deleted from our system.
To be considered for the offer, the applicant should:
- Be a Female African student who lives and studies in a recognized Africa University or College.
- Be an already admitted into an undergraduate B.Sc. degree program.
- Be Studying a STEM related course on a status as full time basis.
- Be able to demonstrate and proof that he/she has a serious financial need.
- Have a proven record of excellent academic performance
- Not be more than 32 years of age.
This initiative does not cover higher levels of study such as masters, MBA or Phd programs, second or subsequent degrees, students whose age is above 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. These requirements hold sacrosanct and there is no consideration whatsoever if they are not fully met.
Listed below are the courses acceptable for sponsorship under this initiative: Agriculture, Aircraft Engineering, Architecture, Bio Medicals, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering and Urbanism, Computer Science, Construction Technology and Management, Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, Information Technology, Mathematics related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology and Zoology.
Note also that the following courses will not be considered for sponsorship under this initiative: Accounting, Agriculture Economics, Anesthesiology, Arts, BA degrees, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Business Statistics, Catering/Hospitality, Commerce, Community Health, Dentistry and Dental Surgery, Developmental Studies, Diploma Programmes, Economics, Education/Teaching, Finance and Operation Research, Financial Management, Gender Studies, Graphics Design, Guidance & Counseling, Health Education, Health Information Management, Health Sciences Management, International Finance, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Library and Information Sciences, Mass Communication, Mathematics Education, Medical Laboratory Science, Medicine and Surgery, National Diploma, Nature Conservation, Nursing, Paramedics, Political Science, Procurement, Project Management, Psychology, Physiology, Physiotherapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Public Administration, Public Health, Real Estate, Recreation and Leisure Management, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Secondary Studies, Secretarial Studies, Social Science, Social Science in Economics, Sociology, Supplies Chain Management, Textile Technology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Veterinary Medicine, Welding and Fabrication Engineering, Wildlife and Ecotourism Management.
Requirements during application
For your application to be complete and successful, you will be required to:
- Fill and submit an online application form. Ensure that every required information is filled out completely. No paper applications will be accepted this year.
- Supply your personal and contact information.
- Supply information to show your educational and Family background.
- Write a statement of need which sufficiently explains why you need this sponsorship and what you will use the funds to do if you are eventually selected.
- Write essays that sufficiently and convincingly
outlines your career goals and describes how this WAAW scholarship will empower
you to acquire the right education to propel you towards these goals. It is
advised that you have this essay ready at hand before you initiate the
application procedure as it is a strong criterion in determining applicant is
shortlisted. The required essays will be:
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how this WAAW foundation scholarship will assist you in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans. (SchoolUpdate advises that you take special care of this point and write in ways that can convince the WAAW team to consider you. (While it is important to do all it takes to be convincing, be careful not to exaggerate information as such could be easily verified).
- Submit the names of two academic/professional references in your application.
how to SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Every Application Form, with all the sections fully completed, is to be submitted along with all the required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. This is to be done by following this link: http://bit.ly/WAAWFoundationScholarship
For further information or inquiries please
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
As usual, note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you happen to fall among these ones, the following additional items will be required from you in order to complete the application process:
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your current institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. You can download the Reference Forms by clicking here. On completion, you are to emailed the Reference Forms to email@example.com
- A copy of a current
signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com.
- A copy of your student’s Identity Card must be scanned and emailed to WAAW foundation.
Deadline for Submission
November 15, 2019