Applications for AAUW’s Career Development Grants 2020 is up and running. This grants aim at providing funding to women with bachelor’s degree who are working towards advancing/changing careers or to get back into the workforce. Principal concern will be extended to those women who colored and those currently studying for their pioneer advanced degree or qualifications in non-traditional fields.
Career Development Grants was originally initiated by AAUW in 1972 as a source of motivation and empowerment for members pursuing renewal or resumption of their academic work in the areas of career or employment progression. The Grants normally make available assistance for course study toward degree programs or for dedicated inquiry in technical or professional fields. However, such coursework must be undergone at a recognized two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a technical school with full US Department of Education license. Award Funds ($2,000–12,000) are available for tuition, fees, books, supplies, local transportation, and dependent care.
To be qualified to apply, every applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Must be female as this grant is only targeted at the female gender.
- She must be a U.S. citizen or permanent residents .
- She must have had her immediate previous degree before June 30, 2015.
- She must be a holder of a duly earned bachelor’s degree. Those with not honorary degrees need not apply.
- She should be planning to register or are is already registered for courses/undertakings which are needed for professional job placement or progress.
- She should be planning to enroll or already enrolled in any of the areas listed below:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree program in a field of study that is sufficiently different from that of the earlier received bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree program
- Certification program
- Technical school
- Professional degree (law or medicine)
- She must live within the United States throughout the period of the grant.
Note that distance or online learning programs may be will be funded only if they are proven to be offered through any of the recognized institutions documented on the U.S. Department of Education’s list of accredited online/distance learning programs. AAUW, however, takes the ultimate verdicts on what is considered distance learning to be covered under these grants.
Every applicant must indicate her matriculation status within the application itself. Though they may not be compelled to be already enrolled or accepted into their chosen institution of study in the course of applying, special consideration will be given to such applicants with demonstrable strong zeal or determination in pursuing the proposed plan of study.
Before or at the point of their acceptance materials, all successful awardees would be required to present a sufficient proof of admission.
All applications will be judged and evaluated using the following selection criteria:
- All applicants must sufficiently establish their individual commitment to education and desire for equity for women and girls.
- Their individual reasons for applying and desiring for assistance in their higher education or technical training must be stated
- They must be pursuing degree in courses which are in agreement with their career objectives
- They must demonstrate their possibility of succeeding in their chosen field. also to be reviewed are the applicants’ records of possible job opportunities in their chosen fields
- The feasibility and possibility of the study plans and proposed time schedule of the chosen courses need be documented
- Validity of proposed budget and budget narrative, including sufficient outside support*.Quality of written proposal
- Applicant is from an underrepresented racial/ethnic background
- Applicant is from an underrepresented area of the country and/or type of university other than a top-level research institution
- Applicant is seeking credentials in a nontraditional field
Financial Need Application
Start the application process by clicking on the link below to access the application and create an account. Apply Here
Deadline: November 15, 2019.