The Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) is a foremost generous company committed to the training and raising farmers who are well versed in modern and sustainable agricultural best practices and balanced utilization of natural resources. Such agricultural trainings for youths and farmers had been running since 1987 all over the country. Today, the Foundation has has six schools and training centres to this effect in different agro-ecological zones of Nigeria. These are cited in the FCT, Osun, Kaduna, Kano and Gombe states and draw joint financing from the Leventis Foundation and the state governments of the host states. These schools were designed to and are effectively offering training to young male and female Nigerians eager to make a good occupation in farming. Successful trainees are exposed to wide-range one-year training in numerous areas of agriculture and other farm businesses. This is done with the aim of raising generations of committed young practical farmers create in Nigeria. These new generation farmers are expected to serve as a facilitators for agricultural revolution in their communities. To this end, the training is made free of all costs and Admission is open to both interested male and female candidates.
Successful applicants will enjoy a scholarship which covers Tuition, accommodation and feeding throughout the duration of the course.
All the interested applicants are expected to meet the following requirements among others:
• Show proof of physically fitness
• Be able to communicate (read and write) effectively in English language. As a proof of this, an evidence of obtained at least a minimum of junior secondary education may be needed
• Fall within the age bracket of between 18 and 40. Younger or older applicants may not be considered.
• Perform satisfactorily in both the written and oral tests that will be administered to them as part of the criteria for final selection.
• Be able to convincingly establish an interest in agriculture that could be evaluated and substantiated.
• Applicants with any proof of any useful farming experience have an edge over others.
Method of Application
Every applicant is to apply using own hand writing. Such application must contain tangible information to satisfy each of the above required conditions for consideration. This has to be backed up with the following:
• Letter of Introduction endorsed by the Local Government Chairman of the applicants origin
• An Attestation Letter duly signed by a Justice of Peace (JP)
• Two (2) recent passport size photographs
• Three (3) references
• Photocopies of academic qualifications(s) or relevant documents.
These are to be forwarded to any of the addresses below but preferably to the applicant’s school of choice.
Leventis Foundation Osun State
Agricultural Training School Imo
Ilesa, Osun State
Leventis Foundation Kano State
Agricultural Training School Panda
Albasu Local Government
Kano Kano State
Leventis Foundation Kaduna State
Agricultural Training School Dogon Dawa
Birini Gwari Local Government Area
P.M.B 1047 Zaria
Leventis Foundation Gombe State
Agricultural Training School Tumu
Akko Local Government
Leventis Foundation FCT
Agricultural Training School Yaba
Abaji Area Council
P.M.B. 001 Abaji
The General Manager (Technical and Training)
Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte
No 2, Leventis Close
Central Business District
P.O.Box 20351 Garki
It may interest you to know that Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) also offers a wide variety of consultancy services and targeted short courses in several aspects of agriculture including poultry production, vegetable production, bee-keeping, honey production, fish farming, mushroom production, value chain e.t.c.
For any question and further inquiries, please contact:
Mrs. Janet Egbe-Owoicho
Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte
For more information on this opportunity, visit official website here